Anyone who walks the streets of Manhattan will see sidewalk vendors hawking counterfeit luxury goods.
It's big business, really big.
Just how big became clear Wednesday when prosecutors announced the "largest ever seizure of counterfeit goods in US history" — a massive haul of about 219,000 fake handbags, shoes, clothing and other items.
"The seizures announced today consist of merchandise with over $1 billion in estimated retail value, the largest-ever seizure of counterfeit goods in US history," federal prosecutor Damian Williams said.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access