A California startup says it can scrub carbon dioxide from the air using limestone as a carbon-sucking sponge.
San Francisco-based Heirloom Carbon has become a hot name in the nascent capture technology sector, even sealing a deal with Microsoft to help the Windows-maker meet its zero-carbon ambitions.
Governments are embracing similar innovations to meet their climate goals.
Capturing CO2 directly out of the atmosphere is the "time machine" that will take us back to cleaner air, according to Heirloom cofounder and CEO Shashank Samala.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access