The UK government announced Thursday £3 million ($3.7 million) of extra funding to help protect the Jewish community from antisemitic attacks, after a reported 400 per cent spike in incidents since Hamas's weekend attacks in Israel.
The money will go to the Community Security Trust (CST), an organisation established to protect British Jews from hate attacks and related threats.
It said 139 antisemitic incidents were recorded in the last four days, a 400 per cent increase on the same period in 2022.
The CST works closely with the police to secure Jewish community buildings and events.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access