More than 1,500 antisemitic acts and comments have been recorded in France since the outbreak of the Israel-Hamas war, Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said on Tuesday.
There have been growing tensions in France, home to large Jewish and Muslim communities, as war rages in the Gaza Strip.
"There have been 1,518 antisemitic acts or remarks," Darmanin told broadcaster Europe 1 in an interview.
This was a more than three-fold increase compared to the whole of 2022, when 436 antisemitic acts or remarks were recorded.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access