A new directive from Chaplain Brigadier General Guy Bélisle contains new instructions for military chaplains at public events.
The directive has been controversial, with critics saying that it will prevent prayer at Remembrance Day Services.
Conservative Party leader Pierre Poilievre tweeted last month that “Our veterans don’t have a prayer under Trudeau.”
“Now his government is banning Muslim, Jewish and Christian military chaplains from praying at Remembrance Day ceremonies,” Poilievre continued. “I will reverse this insanity when I am Prime Minister.”
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access