The U.S. Supreme Court weighed the matter Tuesday as it sought to reconcile conflicting rulings from cases handled by lower courts.
The question reached the nation's highest court once previously, when then-president Donald Trump was sued for blocking critics on Twitter, now known as X.
But the case was declared moot by the justices after Trump was banned from Twitter and left the White House.
The cases before the court Tuesday involved the social media accounts of a city manager in Michigan and school board members in California.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access