After 11 years living in an apartment with her teenage daughter, Karine Miousse says she needed an affordable home after the building’s new landlord forced residents to move.
Last year, she found it. Not another apartment, but a mobile home for sale close to the hospital she works in as an urgent care nurse.
“Other homes in Laval are $400-500,000, and I’m a single parent, so I didn't know how I would afford that,” says Miousse.
She’s now a homeowner paying about $1,500 a month. At this amount, she says her family can continue to enjoy life.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access