Want to get a slight edge during a coin toss? Check out which side is facing upwards before the coin is flipped — then call that same side.
This tactic will win 50.8 per cent of the time, according to researchers who conducted 351,000 coin flips.
For the preprint study, which was published on the arXiv database last week and has not yet been peer-reviewed, 48 people tossed coins of 46 different currencies.
They were told to flip the coins with their thumb and catch it in their hand.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access