E-commerce giant Amazon, online travel group Expedia and other platforms announced Tuesday the creation of a coalition to prevent fake consumer reviews online.
The Coalition for Trusted Reviews, which also includes Booking.com, Glassdoor, Tripadvisor, and Trustpilot, said it was committed to "protecting access to trustworthy consumer reviews worldwide."
"Together, members will define best practices for hosting online reviews and sharing methods of fake review detection, aiming to stop fake reviews at the source," it said in a statement.
The group said it would develop common standards and definitions for the industry to determine what constitutes a fake review.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access