Video game Minecraft, owned by U.S. tech giant Microsoft, where players build virtual worlds, has passed 300 million copies sold, it announced Sunday, cementing its status as the best selling game ever.
In a post to its website, the game's makers said it had recently "crossed 300 million copies sold."
"A milestone no-one could have dreamed of when we were all building our first dirt houses!," it said.
For comparison, Grand Theft Auto 5, another behemoth on the video game scene, has sold over 180 million copies since its release in 2013, according to Take-Two Interactive, parent company of the game's publisher Rockstar Games.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access