In what may be a first in Canada, Winnipeg mayor Scott Gillingham has created a Multi Faith and Cultural Liaison Circle to stay abreast of concerns and issues in that city’s faith and cultural communities.
The Circle’s 15 members, who were selected by the mayor, come from the city’s Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Ba’hai, Indigenous and other communities.
They were chosen based on their expertise in faith, culture and the unique needs of their communities, and on their willingness to work collaboratively to identify issues and opportunities.
So far, the Circle has met twice. They plan to meet with the mayor four times a year.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access