There’s a sign on Gail MacAulay’s front lawn. But in the run-up to Tuesday’s Manitoba provincial election, it is not for any political party.
The sign says: Vote as if your life depends on it.
“Because your life does depend on it,” says the retired Legal Aid lawyer. It’s all about “public health… because what does all the other stuff matter if you are dead?... “Even housing affordability… if you're dead, you’re not living anywhere.”
For MacAulay, who has a severely immunocompromised disabled child, the number one issue is COVID, a topic she thinks is barely discussed in this election.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access