Places of worship are more than just places where people gather on weekends. They are also economic generators.
That’s the view of Lisa Richmond, vice-president of research for Cardus, a Canadian think-tank.
Using Cardus’ Halo Calculator, which estimates the economic impact of places of worship, Richmond said Canadian churches, mosques, synagogues, gurdwaras and temples generate about $18 billion of economic value for the country each year.
“That’s the impact of thousands of places of worship,” said Richmond. “This isn’t something most people are aware of.”
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access