Maud Le Fort won't be seen on the runways of Paris Fashion Week, which kicks off on Monday, having chosen her health over a career on the catwalk.
Now in her 30s, Le Fort came to Paris when she was 18 to pursue a career in modelling and was immediately labelled a "commercial model" — i.e. not thin enough for the top-end fashion shows.
"I had a 36.6 cm waist, 85 cm chest so I was 'curvy'," Le Fort said.
"In Paris, I was told that I was only going to do lingerie and perhaps very commercial things, but not much fashion."
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access