NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg has warned there will be no swift end to the Ukraine war, in an interview published Sunday, as Kyiv pushes on with its counteroffensive against Russia.
"Most wars last longer than expected when they first begin," Stoltenberg said in an interview with Germany's Funke media group.
"Therefore we must prepare ourselves for a long war in Ukraine."
The conflict began in February 2022, when Moscow sent its forces into Ukraine, bringing war back to Europe for the first time in decades.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access