Washington, United States
Top US Senate Republican Mitch McConnell appeared briefly unable to speak at a news conference on Wednesday, marking the second time in recent weeks that the 81-year-old has abruptly frozen at a public event.
McConnell was answering reporters' questions in his home state Kentucky when he fell silent for around 30 seconds, despite being prompted by an aide.
"Did you hear the question, senator?" the staffer asked after an awkward pause and, as McConnell continued to be unresponsive, she told the room: "I'm sorry, you all. We're going to need a minute."
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access