US President Joe Biden on Wednesday said he was "not surprised" at news that Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Wagner mercenary group, may have died in a plane crash in Russia.
"I don't know for a fact what happened, but I'm not surprised," Biden said.
"There's not much that happens in Russia that Putin is not behind," Biden told reporters after taking an exercise class with his family near Lake Tahoe.
"But I don't know enough to know the answer" of what may have happened to the powerful former Putin henchman, he said.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access