“Let thy food be thy medicine,” the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates is believed to have said.
But that has not been the experience of Manitoba mother Katrina McAllister. McAllister's two-year-old daughter has been in the hospital for six weeks and is approaching discharge.
One of the milestones she needs to meet to leave the hospital is eating solid food. With the hospital food that is brought to her daughter's room, this is a difficult goal to meet, McAllister says.
It's "tasteless, slimy, colourless," she said.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access