The Canadian government has guaranteed billions in new commercial loans to finance the controversial Trans Mountain pipeline project amid growing concerns of huge cost overruns.
In 2018, the government nationalized the project, which runs from Alberta to the Pacific coast.
The new loan guarantees — totalling up to Can$3 billion — were agreed to in late July but appeared on the government website of Export Development Canada (EDC) only late Friday.
This was the EDC's third announcement this year of new commercial loan guarantees for the project.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access