Adidas said Thursday it booked a profit in the second quarter, showing tentative signs of recovery as it sells off its huge inventory of rapper Kanye West's Yeezy merchandise.
The German sportswear giant reported a net profit of 84 million euros from April to June, following two consecutive quarters of losses.
But this was still substantially lower than in the same period a year earlier.
Adidas has endured a period of chaos since October last year when it ended its lucrative tie-up with rapper West — now known formally as Ye — after he made a series of antisemitic outbursts.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access