President Joe Biden on Thursday visited a shipyard symbolizing the industrial boom he hopes will put wind in his re-election campaign's sails, even if polls show most Americans cool on him continuing as their economic captain.
The Democrat's pitch at the Philly Shipyard in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, was simple.
"Bidenomics is just another way of saying, 'restore the American dream,'" Biden said. "This is a new day."
What he calls "Bidenomics" revolves around bringing back manufacturing after decades of offshoring and the hollowing out of industrial towns.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access