Competing with his horse in extreme cowboy races has kept 80-year-old Jim Ochs young.
The Kansas cowboy raced against the best of the best through the gruelling obstacles of the Cowboy Up Challenge at the Calgary Stampede this week.
“It’s kept me healthy and young – for my age,” said Ochs on Wednesday.
Ochs and his wife, Joyce, hail from Gridley, Kansas, a tiny town about 178 kilometres northeast of Wichita. They are among the 360 people who live there.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access