A Virginia woman whose six-year-old son shot and severely wounded his teacher was sentenced to 21 months in prison Wednesday on gun charges.
Deja Taylor's son brought her gun to school in the southern US state on January 6 and shot his elementary school teacher.
The teacher was hospitalized for two weeks with injuries to her hand and chest.
The 26-year-old Taylor pleaded guilty in June to illegally obtaining the firearm and making a false statement on a government form required to purchase the weapon.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access