An Israeli 85-year-old freed by Palestinian militant group Hamas said Tuesday she was beaten during her abduction, then treated well during more than two weeks held captive in Gaza.
"The guys beat me on the way, they didn't break my ribs but hurt me there very much," Yocheved Lifshitz said a day after her release.
"They treated us well," she told media at a Tel Aviv hospital, explaining a doctor visited her and fellow hostages every two to three days and provided medicines.
Lifshitz was a resident of Nir Oz kibbutz, one of the Israeli communities near the Gaza Strip which Hamas militants attacked on October 7.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access