As the popularity of cycling soars in France, a growing number of companies are giving employees the chance to ditch driving in favour of a greener, healthier alternative: the company bike.
The number of cycling commutes rose by 15 per cent in 2022, thanks in part to electric bikes, the Covid pandemic and schemes designed to make cycling more accessible to employees.
For Remi Tricaud, 44, who works for an IT company near the southeastern city of Lyon, the prospect was so enticing that he decided to give up his car altogether.
He said his old commute would often take him 40 minutes, "whereas now, even when it's raining, I'm 20 minutes away all the time."
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access