Fred Holmes watches with satisfaction as pumps pull oil from deep under his California farm, tapping a supply he thinks could last another century.
But he knows the state's ambitious environmental policies will put an end to the practice much sooner than that.
Oil extraction "could continue for another 100 years," he said. But it won't.
"Twelve to 14 years" for his company at the rate things are changing, he says.
Register to read the full article.
Already have an account? Sign In.
Register for free for:
- Access to ten free articles per month
- Our weekly roundup of top stories
- Monthly newsletters on topics of your choice
- Unlimited article access each month
- Crosswords and puzzles on Canadian holidays
- Full newsletter access